Established in 1936, El Paso Area’s Teachers Federal Credit Union (TFCU) began as a credit union that provided the area’s teachers and their families with quality financial products and services.
Today, TFCU has expanded their charter to everyone in El Paso County! We’re stronger than ever with over 60,000 members and over $670 million in assets—and you can join us! If you live, work, or worship in El Paso County, you’re welcome to join the TFCU family and enjoy all the benefits we have to offer!
With TFCU you won’t need another financial institution.
- Personal, customized service
- Great, low loan rates
- High interest dividends
- Free online banking
- Free Mobile Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Free Bill Payer Online
- Competitive rates on mortgages
- Investment services
- Free financial education
- Access to thousands of surcharge-free Allpoint ATMs, worldwide
The Credit Union Difference
What is the credit union difference? It’s simple. We’re better than a bank because we’re a financial cooperative that’s owned by our membership. At a credit union, there are no big shareholders making all the calls. Our members have a direct impact on the direction we take. And credit unions also have a member-elected volunteer Board of Directors that manages every decision with the members’ best interest at the forefront.
TFCU follows the credit union credo of “people helping people”, so any profits we enjoy are returned back to our members in the form of higher dividends, lower fees, lower rates, and more.
Finally, with a credit union, your money has the same stability it would with any traditional bank because your deposits are insured for up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, or the NCUA.
Your premier financial institution through trust, education, and excellent member service stimulating personal enrichment and community economic development.
Monthly Financial Reports
- Max Villaronga, President/CEO
- Mahlon McCaleb, Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer
- Armando Acosta, Vice-President, Facilities and Purchasing
- Patricia L. Alvarado, Vice-President, Operations
- Eliana Avila, Vice-President, Human Resources
- Arturo Bujanda, Vice-President, TFCU Holdings
- Michael Morales, Vice-President, Real Estate and Business Lending
- Michael Sandoval, Vice-President, E-Commerce
- Charles Trimbath, Vice-President, Information Technology
- Kiana Wright, Vice-President, Consumer Lending
- Alejandro Yu, Vice-President, Marketing
- Elizabeth Zamora, Vice-President, Compliance
TFCU will close in observance of the following 2021 Holiday Schedule.
|Close Date||Holiday||Day of Week|
|January 1, 2021||New Year's Day||Friday|
|January 18, 2021||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Monday|
|February 15, 2021||Presidents' Day||Monday|
|April 3, 2021||Easter Observance||Saturday|
|May 31, 2021||Memorial Day||Monday|
|July 5, 2021||Independence Day Obervance||Monday|
|September 6, 2021||Labor Day||Monday|
|October 11, 2021||Columbus Day||Monday|
|November 11, 2021||Verterans Day||Thursday|
|November 25, 2021||Thanksgiving Day||Thursday|
|December 24, 2021||Christmas Eve||Friday|
|December 25, 2021||Christmas Day||Saturday|
|December 31, 2021||New Year's Eve||Friday|
|January 1, 2021||New Year's Day||Saturday|