El Paso Area Teachers Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members and customers. Reference to “we” refers independently to El Paso Area Teachers Federal Credit Union. Reference to “you” shall mean the members of El Paso Area Teachers Federal Credit Union.
Information We Collect About You (NCUA §716.6(a)(1) and Appendix A-1)
We collect information about you from the following sources:
* Information we receive from you on applications and other forms (for example: name, address, social security number, assets, and income);
* Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others including those companies that work closely with us to provide you with diverse financial products and services (for example: your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage);
* Information we receive from a credit reporting agency (for example: your credit worthiness and credit history);
Parties Who Receive Information From Us (NCUA §716.6(a)(3) and Appendix A-4)
In addition, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
* Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms (this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions); and
* Information we may obtain from consumer purchasing and census data providers to develop competitive marketing programs for our members.
Information We Disclose
* Financial Service providers such as insurance companies, mortgage service companies and securities broker-dealers;
* Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies and retailers; and
* Others, such as non-profit associations.
Disclosure of Information to Parties that Provide Services to Us (NCUA §716.6(a)(5) and Appendix A-5; acknowledge exceptions permitted under NCUA §716.13)
In order that we may provide members competitive products and services, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf to other financial service providers with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct our operations, follow your instructions as you authorize or protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of Information about Former Members (NCUA §716.6(a)(4))
If you decide to terminate your membership with us, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How to Opt-Out or Stop Certain Disclosures about You (NCUA §716.6(a)(6) and Appendix A-6
If you prefer that we do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt-out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law). If you wish to opt-out of disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties, you may:
* Come into any of our branch locations and fill out an Opt-Out form
* Call us at 915-843-8328 and request an Opt-Out form be mailed to you
You may opt-out of these disclosures at any time. This opt-out, by law, will not apply to disclosures that are legally permitted, to disclosures we make to companies that perform services on our behalf or to other financial service providers. Once we receive your request, we have a reasonable amount of time to stop the disclosures. You may always contact us for assistance if you wish to later revoke your opt-out election.
Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure
Information taken from credit reports may also be exchanged but will not be shared if you notify us in writing. If you elect to opt-out of this information exchange, please indicate your intentions on the attached form and mail it as instructed. NCUA §716.6(a)(7).
How we Protect Your Information (NCUA §716.6(a)(8) and Appendix a-7)
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
El Paso Area Teachers Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members and customers. You can help by following these simple guidelines:
* Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
* Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
* Keep your information current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
* Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!
This Policy was reviewed June 2012