At TFCU, one of our founding principles is education. As a pillar in the community, it is our pleasure to provide ten individuals with scholarship opportunities to help propel them towards achieving their educational goals.
This year, in honor of our late Board of Director, Mr. Charles Hart, we are happy to announce . One individual will be selected to receive a $2,000 award. Also, TFCU will award nine scholarships of $1,000 each.
To apply for a TFCU Scholarship, applicants must be:
1. A primary account holder of TFCU.
2. A graduating high school senior or enrolled in an accredited university.
3. Accepted as a full-time student at a college or university, carrying 12 credit hours or more.
Please note: Applicants cannot be immediate family members of TFCU employees, Board of Director, or Supervisory Committee Members. Applicants that have previously been awarded this scholarship are not eligible.
TFCU Scholarship application requirements are:
1. Submit your completed scholarship application.
2. Submit a current copy of your high school or college transcript. (Online transcripts will be accepted.)
3. Submit a 500-word narrative on the following topic: “At TFCU, we understand that attaining a higher education can be challenging for students and their families because of the financial burden that may come with this goal. As a credit union, the founding principle and philosophy of "People Helping People" is at the heart of our scholarship program. Please explain why you deserve this scholarship and what it would mean to you if selected?"
This application must be received no later than June 1, 2021, in order for you to participate in the scholarship program. You can complete the application online using the application link below, or you can print and drop off or mail your documents to:
Scholarship Committee, Marketing Department
12020 Rojas Dr.
El Paso, TX 79936
We are pleased to offer these scholarships to our members pursuing college degrees and thank you for your interest in our program. Our goal is to help you pursue your education and help you with any other financial needs you may have – a student loan, savings and checking accounts, and more. For more information, please contact the TFCU’s Marketing Department at 915-926-2679 or 915-497-1218.