As part of our commitment to helping enrich our community, TFCU is providing financial scholarships to our members to help them reach their educational goals.
This year we will be awarding ten scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to students who are credit union members.
To apply for a TFCU Scholarship, applicants must be:
1. A primary account holder of TFCU.
2. A graduating high school senior or enrolled in an accredited university.
3. Accepted as a full-time student at a college or university, carrying 12 credit hours or more.
Please note: Applicants cannot be immediate family members of TFCU employees, Board of Director or Supervisory Committee Members. Applicants that have previously been awarded this scholarship are not eligible.
TFCU Scholarship application requirements are:
1. Submit your completed scholarship application.
2. Submit a current copy of your high school or college transcript.
3. Submit a 500-word narrative on the following topic: “People helping people” is the philosophical foundation of credit unions. What is your personal interpretation of the “People helping people” philosophy and how have you demonstrated it in your community? Cite specific examples.
This application must be received no later than June 1, 2020 in order for you to participate in the scholarship program. You can complete the application online using the application link below or you can print and drop off or mail your documents to:
Scholarship Committee, Marketing Department
12020 Rojas Dr.
El Paso, TX 79936
We are pleased to offer these scholarships to our young members pursuing college degrees and thank you for your interest in our program. It is our goal to help you pursue your education and to help you with any other financial needs you may have – a student loan, savings and checking accounts, and more. For more information, please contact the TFCU’s Marketing Department at 915-926-2572 or 915-926-2526.